Over the 4th of July weekend Dustin and I went up to Shasta Trinity National Forrest to go camping with some of our closest friends for the weekend. Over the trip a debate started with the group on whether or not our generation still eat’s potato salad. I mean yes, if potato salad is at a picnic we will eat it. However if there was going to be a pot luck or party would this be a dish we would think to bring? In a generation where we are being over saturated with new grains like quiona, farro, barley and trendy leafy greens like Kale, have we forgotten about a classic dish like potato salad? After discussing this topic the only solution I could come up with was I was craving potato salad and decided I needed to make a healthy version at home. This recipe was not from a cookbook or found online, I simply made it up. So feel free to tweak and add to suit your liking.
- 2-3 Large Carrots diced
- 2-3 Large Celery Sticks diced
- 1/2 Chopped Onion diced
- 1 Large Bell Pepper diced
- 1 1/2 Cups of grapes
- 2 Medium potatoes cooked (also can use 5-6 small russet potatoes)
- 1 Cup diced turkey (I used the Trader Joes pre-cut version)
- 1 Cup Non-Fat Greek Yogurt (Fage is my favorite)
- 2 Tablespoons of honey mustard
- Splash of salt, pepper, and garlic salt
- Option to add a tablespoon of curry
Makes about 6 servings. Mix everything together and enjoy!
3 thoughts on “Easy Turkey Potato Salad Recipe”
Have a look at Brazilian Grilled Meat
Wow, that Brazilian meat looks amazing!
Hey, you fond of meaty affairs that means juz like me 😛
I tried Pomegranate Glazed Turkey..